Holi is a great Indian festival. It is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor. Children love this festival very much. Right before a couple of weekends, they are very excited about this colorful festival. They are fascinated with the toys, colors, pichkaris and the way Holi festival is celebrated all across India and some other parts of the world.
When it comes to the history of the Holi festival, the key visuals from the story of Hiranyakashyap and Prahalad come in our minds. Most of us know about this ancient India Mythology where there lived a demon-like king named Hiranyakashyap. He wanted to take the revenge of his brother’s death from God Vishnu. He prayed for several years to gain power. Eventually, God heard him and awarded him with boon.
After gaining the boon, Hiranyakashyap thought that he is now the most powerful person and he is immortal. This thought made him arrogant and cruel. He ordered his kingdom to pray him instead of God. The king had a son named Prahalad who used to worship Lord Vishnu. He was the true devotee of Lord Vishnu.
When the king came to know about this, he tried to kill his son. He tried several times to kill his son but always failed as God saved Prahalad. Desperately, he took recourse to his sister named Holika who was grated with the boon that no fire could harm her.
This is when they planned to kill Prahalad. Now a pyre was lit up. Holika sat on the pyre by taking Prahalad in her lap, in the anticipation that Prahalad will be burnt to ashes but the result was opposite and Holika turned into ashes. Later on, Hiranyakashyap was also killed by Lord Vishnu in Narasimha Avatar. But that is a different big story. The festival Holi is celebrated when the Holika died. That’s why we do “Holika Dahan” a day before Holi and we call this Holi festival as the victory of “Good” over “Evil”.
Happy Holi WhatsApp DP, Messages, Quotes and Status
In this digital era, it is very convenient to wish our loved ones in Indian festivals. If you are looking for the best Happy Holi WhatsApp DP images, messages, quotes and status, then keep reading. I have some really amazing holi messages and quotes with the help which you can convey your Holi greetings and wishes with your friends and family.
- Best wishes to you for a Holi, filled with sweet moments and memories to cherish for long. Happy Holi!
- Make merry with colors on Holi, and the rest of the days with the color of love.
- Holi is the apt time to break the ice, renew relationships and link yourself with those that you wanted to with a bit of color.
- Radha ke rang, aur kanhaiya ki pichkari, pyar ke rang se rang do duniya sari, ye rang ki na koi jat na koi boli, mubarak ho apko ye mast holi
- A true and caring relation doesn’t have to speak loud, a soft SMS is just enough to express the heartiest feelings. Enjoy the festival of Holi with lots of fun.
- Dipped in hues of love and trust has come the festival of Holi
- Lal, gulabi, neela, pila hathon me liya samet, Holi ke din rangenge sajni, kar ke meethi bhent.
- Let the colors of Holi spread the message of peace and happiness.
- Holi is a special time of year to remember those who are close to our hearts with splashing colors!
- Pyar ke Rang udaaye yeh pichkari Rang jaaye yeh duniyaa saari, holi ka rang aapka jeewan rang de hamesha yeh kaamna hamari
- Holi Greetings to all my friends and hindi lovers and learners. Wish you a happy holi, may your life fills with colours.
- Bhaiyon Holi ke rango mein khoob rangna aur masti karna. I hope this Holi brings lot of colors in each and everybody’s life.
- We meet each other, to wish and hug each other. We apply abeer to forehead, to show our love and care to each other. Happy Holi!
- H- Happiness of life, O- Ocean of color, L-Language of love, I-Integration with one another, Wishing you and your family, Happy colorful and safe Holi
- Very Happy and colorful Holi to you and your family, I wish that this year will bring every moment with happiness.
- We play Holi with different colors, to forget differences and get happiness.
- Pyar ke rang se bharo pichkari, sneh ke rang do duniya sari, ye rang na jane koi jaat na koi boli, aapko mubarak ho aapno ki holi
- May this festival of colors bring a smile to your lips, A twinkle in your eyes, and a cheer in your voice. Wishing you a joyous Holi…
- Happy Holi !! Enjoy every color of Holi and you will get every happiness you desire. Hey, God is always with you. Enjoy every moment. Keep smiling…
- May God spray colors of success and prosperity over you and your family. I wish this Holi is as special as it has always been.
- ‘Bright colors, water balloons, lavish gujiyas and melodious songs’ are the ingredients of perfect Holi. Wish you a very happy and wonderful Holi.
- Holi is the day to express love with colors. It is time to show affection. All the colors that are on you are of love.
I hope you liked this post. Do you want to download all these happy Holi wishes DP images for WhatsApp and Facebook in high resolution? I got you already. So, I have compressed and uploaded all the Holi Images.
Note: The zip file consisting of all the Holi Wishes, messages, quotes, and Shayari images is password protected. Use “full2hootiyappa” as a password to extract the zipped file.
Also Read: How To Care your Skin in Holi Festival
Share these Holi wishes, messages, quotes and DP images with your friends and colleagues and spread the love.